“EP&T’s technology and services have provided us with valuable insight into how our buildings run and how we can eradicate wastage. Our partnership with EP&T has unlocked significant financial and environmental benefits for both Derwent and our tenants.”
COMMERCIAL OFFICE PORTFOLIO
Derwent London embraces AI to optimise energy efficiency and reduce costs for occupiers.
Derwent London owns and manages an investment portfolio of 5.7 million sq ft, of which 98% is located in central London, holding a combined asset value of £5.4bn. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250.
EP&T’s EDGE platform provides continuous monitoring of Derwent’s assets, enabling pattern recognition algorithms in EP&T’s AI powered software to swiftly identify energy wastage. EP&T Engineers work in partnership with the site team to resolve areas of wastage and optimise building operation, while building managers can track the ongoing performance of their asset.
Energy Saving initiatives include:
- BMS set point optimisation
- Corrected malfunctioning temperature sensors and pressure sensors
- Optimisation of water flow and return temperatures
- Chiller staging
- Optimisation of night purge strategies
- Eliminating heating and cooling conflicts
- Implementing BMS ambient chiller lockout
- Variable Speed Drive frequency optimisation
- Behaviour change e.g. rationalising security and cleaning regimes
- Measurement, verification and commissioning of new equipment